Sports Turf Nutrition is designed to enable you to acquire the skills required for applying fertilisers, supported by knowledge of plant foods and the subsequent effects on sports turf.
You will develop the skills to identify deficiency symptoms of major and minor elements and the symptoms of excess of major elements.
You will be able to use the correct terminology relating to the choice and use of fertilisers, calculate quantities required, calibrate a fertiliser distributor and apply fertiliser in a given situation.
Gain an understanding of the essential nutrients required by turf to create a sustainable sports turf surface.
- Explain the importance of mineral elements in turf nutrition.
- Identify types of fertiliser and state uses of each.
- Select an appropriate fertiliser and the quantity required for a given situation.
- Operate a fertiliser distributor.
Who is this course for?
- Everyone interested in pursuing a career in sports field management
- Online, work at your own pace.
- View content on any device, computers, tablets and smartphones (fully responsive).
- Documents can be downloaded for offline reading.
- Average study time estimated at 20 hours.
- End of course multiple choice assessment (3 attempts to achieve an 80% pass rate).
- Course completion certificate issued.
- Level of education equivalent to Level 5 (Higher and Advanced National Certificates).
- English language.
- Rich content, images, videos, audio, documents, etc.
- We accept a wide variety of payment methods (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discovery and PayPal).
This course is a stand-alone certification and you will earn a certificate upon successful completion of the course material and assessment. However, it is 1 of 9 courses towards the theory element of the ‘International Certificate in Greenkeeping' qualification.
To obtain your full qualification you will be required to follow this learning path:
- Theory - Complete all 9 courses with an assessment at the end of each course.
- Practicals - Complete 400 hours of practical training at Silver Lakes Golf Estate or at any of our accredited golf clubs near you. A golf course manager at the club will be required to sign off a checklist certifying your practical experience.
- Final Assessment - Undertake a 90 questions final assessment after your theory and practicals, facilitated online by us.
- Full Qualification & Certificate - Upon successful completion you will earn the full ‘International Certificate in Greenkeeping' qualification and issued with a hard copy certificate by African Turf Academy.
- The fee for the final qualification will be $2000 payable upon submission of the Proof of Education file which will include video evidence and signed off by a certified greenskeeper.
There is no order of completion of the theory and practical elements. The only requirement is to have both the theory and practical elements completed before you can register for the 90 questions final assessment and earn the full ‘International Certificate in Greenkeeping' qualification.
Please contact us if you have any questions or for further information.