Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Students in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Students enrol in African Turf Academy or a Course within African Turf Academy, subscribe to a newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available in African Turf Academy. Students may visit the African Turf Academy anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Students only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Students can refuse to supply personal identification information but doing so may prevent them from engaging in certain African Turf Academy related activities.
How we use collected information
African Turf Academy may collect and use Students’ personal identification information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalise user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Students as a group use the services and resources provided by African Turf Academy.
- To send periodic emails: We may use Student email addresses to send Students information and updates pertaining to their order. Student email addresses may also be used to respond to Student inquiries, questions, or other requests.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Student personal identification information to others.
Third party websites
Students may find advertising or other content on African Turf Academy that link to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licencors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from African Turf Academy. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Student, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Technical security measures deployed by Teachable
African Turf Academy utilises a platform service designed, developed and maintained by Teachable, Inc. which have the following security measures in place to protect Students' personal information:
- Servers and network traffic are monitored by industry-standard tools to detect and respond to any potential security breaches.
- Teachable infrastructure uses a combination of industry-standard sandboxing technologies and a sophisticated Network Intrusion Detection system to monitor network activity for signs of malicious activity.
- TLS encryption is part of the standard security architecture at Teachable. Core transport services require encryption, such as SSH or HTTPS, to exchange information.
- Encryption technology is used to provide security for online user authentication and administrator sessions.
- Remote data access to production environments and internal staff application requires a link to the company’s intranet or a connection via a VPN which is subject to a dual authentication mechanism.
- All committed code changes are reviewed by an individual that is different than the developer and are tested prior to commit to production.
- Additionally, Teachable uses a minimum of 128-bit encryption to securely manage payment information - and 256-bit encryption is used wherever supported. 128-bit encryption is a data/file encryption technique that uses a 128-bit key to encrypt and decrypt data or files. It is one of the most secure encryption methods used in most modern encryption algorithms.
Your acceptance of these terms