Golf Machinery Maintenance describes the working principles, operation and maintenance of a range of turf and grounds care machinery and compares the performance of selected machinery and equipment.
The main aim of this course is to provide students with knowledge to match machinery requirements with the objectives for a golf course.
During this course you will learn how the type of machine, its performance and efficiency will impact on the effectiveness of the workforce and the quality of surfaces produced.
- Describe internal combustion engines, power units and drive-paths of turf maintenance machinery.
- Describe working principles of turf maintenance machinery.
- Select and use appropriate machinery for given tasks in sports turf or grounds care.
- Compare specifications and work rates of turf maintenance machinery.
Who is this course for?
- Everyone interested in pursuing a career in sports field management
- Online, work at your own pace.
- View content on any device, computers, tablets and smartphones (fully responsive).
- Documents can be downloaded for offline reading.
- Average study time estimated at 20 hours.
- End of course multiple-choice assessment (3 attempts to achieve an 80% pass rate).
- Course completion certificate issued.
- Level of education equivalent to Level 5 (Higher and Advanced National Certificates).
- English language.
- Rich content, images, videos, audio, documents, etc.
- We accept a wide variety of payment methods (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discovery and PayPal).
This course is a stand-alone certification and you will earn a certificate upon successful completion of the course material and assessment. However, it is 1 of 9 courses towards the theory element of the ‘International Certificate in Greenkeeping' qualification.
To obtain your full qualification you will be required to follow this learning path:
- Theory - Complete all 9 courses with an assessment at the end of each course.
- Practicals - Complete 400 hours of practical training at Silver Lakes Golf Estate or at any of our accredited golf clubs near you. A golf course manager at the club will be required to sign off a checklist certifying your practical experience.
- Final Assessment - Undertake a 90 questions final assessment after your theory and practicals, facilitated online by us.
- Full Qualification & Certificate - Upon successful completion you will earn the full ‘International Certificate in Greenkeeping' qualification and issued with a hard copy certificate by African Turf Academy.
There is no order of completion of the theory and practical elements. The only requirement is to have both the theory and practical elements completed before you can register for the 90 questions final assessment and earn the full ‘International Certificate in Greenkeeping' qualification.
Please contact us if you have any questions or for further information.