Turfgrass Identification & Production is designed for candidates who are pursuing a career in the greenkeeping and sportsturf industries and will enable them to identify the fundamental characteristics of common turf grass species and to produce and maintain new grass areas.
In this course we will present the various species of grass found on a golf course and learn how to identify species and study their individual characteristics and why particular grasses are used on different surfaces of the golf course.
- Identify the species used in turf grass production.
- Prepare a site and establish an area of turf grass from seed or turf.
- Select appropriate seed mixtures for given situations.
- Describe the growth and development of the grass plant.
Who is this course for?
- Everyone interested in pursuing a career in sports field management
- Online, work at your own pace.
- View content on any device, computers, tablets and smartphones (fully responsive).
- Documents can be downloaded for offline reading.
- Average study time estimated at 20 hours.
- End of course multiple choice assessment (3 attempts to achieve an 80% pass rate).
- Course completion certificate issued.
- Level of education equivalent to Level 5 (Higher and Advanced National Certificates).
- English language.
- Rich content, images, videos, audio, documents, etc.
- We accept a wide variety of payment methods (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discovery and PayPal).
This course is a stand-alone certification and you will earn a certificate upon successful completion of the course material and assessment. However, it is 1 of 9 courses towards the theory element of the ‘International Certificate in Greenkeeping' qualification.
To obtain your full qualification you will be required to follow this learning path:
- Theory - Complete all 9 courses with an assessment at the end of each course.
- Practicals - Complete 400 hours of practical training at Silver Lakes Golf Estate or at any of our accredited golf clubs near you. A golf course manager at the club will be required to sign off a checklist certifying your practical experience.
- Final Assessment - Undertake a 90 questions final assessment after your theory and practicals, facilitated online by us.
- Full Qualification & Certificate - Upon successful completion you will earn the full ‘International Certificate in Greenkeeping' qualification and issued with a hard copy certificate by African Turf Academy.
There is no order of completion of the theory and practical elements. The only requirement is to have both the theory and practical elements completed before you can register for the 90 questions final assessment and earn the full ‘International Certificate in Greenkeeping' qualification.
Please contact us if you have any questions or for further information.