Plant Husbandry introduces some of the most common pests, weeds and diseases which are encountered on a golf course.
You will gain knowledge on how to identify correctly pests, weeds and disease symptoms and learn how to deal with pests and weeds and also to treat turfgrass diseases. It is appropriate for those wishing to acquire an introductory knowledge of plant protection.
On completion of the unit you will be able to identify a range of common weeds, pests, diseases and non-pathogenic disorders and of appropriate techniques to control common infestations.
- Identify a range of common weeds, pests, diseases and non-pathogenic disorders.
- Describe a range of common weeds, pests, diseases and non-pathogenic disorders and their effects on plant growth and development.
- Outline appropriate methods of control of a range of common infestations.
Who is this course for?
- Everyone interested in pursuing a career in sports field management
- Online, work at your own pace.
- View content on any device, computers, tablets and smartphones (fully responsive).
- Documents can be downloaded for offline reading.
- Average study time estimated at 20 hours.
- End of course multiple choice assessment (3 attempts to achieve an 80% pass rate).
- Course completion certificate issued.
- Level of education equivalent to Level 5 (Higher and Advanced National Certificates).
- English language.
- Rich content, images, videos, audio, documents, etc.
- We accept a wide variety of payment methods (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discovery and PayPal).
This course is a stand-alone certification and you will earn a certificate upon successful completion of the course material and assessment. However, it is 1 of 9 courses towards the ‘Certification in International Greenkeeping' qualification. To obtain your full qualification in ‘International Greenkeeping’ you will be required to follow this learning path:
- Complete all 9 courses with an assessment at the end of each course.
- Complete an overall assessment. Upon successful completion you will earn a certificate for the theory element of the 'International Greenkeeping' qualification.
- Complete practical training at Silver Lakes Golf Estate or at one of our accredited golf clubs near you.
- Undertake a final assessment after your practical training. Upon successful completion you will earn the full ‘Certification in International Greenkeeping' qualification.
Please contact us if you have any questions or for further information.