Golf Course Maintenance is designed to lay the foundation of knowledge of the most common maintenance practices carried out on a golf course.
The main aim of this course is to provide students with information and the reasons these practices are carried out and their effects on the presentation and playability of the golf course.
During this course we will cover maintenance practices, discuss how best to manage and maintain healthy playing surfaces and introduce nutrition and irrigation as part of an integrated course maintenance plan.
- Identify and describe a range of equipment, machinery, materials and products used in the maintenance and renovation of a golf course.
- Use and operate a range resources to assist in the maintenance and renovation of a golf course in accordance with current health and safety requirements.
- Identify and describe a range of common golf course turf problems and how these problems and their effects can be reduced or controlled.
- Prepare accurately a basic annual golf course maintenance and renovation programme.
Who is this course for?
- Everyone interested in pursuing a career in sports field management
- Online, work at your own pace.
- View content on any device, computers, tablets and smartphones (fully responsive).
- Documents can be downloaded for offline reading.
- Average study time estimated at 20 hours.
- End of course multiple choice assessment (3 attempts to achieve an 80% pass rate).
- Course completion certificate issued.
- Level of education equivalent to Level 5 (Higher and Advanced National Certificates).
- English language.
- Rich content, images, videos, audio, documents, etc.
- We accept a wide variety of payment methods (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discovery and PayPal).
This course is a stand-alone certification and you will earn a certificate upon successful completion of the course material and assessment. However, it is 1 of 9 courses towards the theory element of the ‘International Certificate in Greenkeeping' qualification.
To obtain your full qualification you will be required to follow this learning path:
- Theory - Complete all 9 courses with an assessment at the end of each course.
- Practicals - Complete 400 hours of practical training at Silver Lakes Golf Estate or at any of our accredited golf clubs near you. A golf course manager at the club will be required to sign off a checklist certifying your practical experience.
- Final Assessment - Undertake a 90 questions final assessment after your theory and practicals, facilitated online by us.
- Full Qualification & Certificate - Upon successful completion you will earn the full ‘International Certificate in Greenkeeping' qualification and issued with a hard copy certificate by African Turf Academy.
- The fee for the final qualification will be $2000 payable upon submission of the Proof of Education file which will include video evidence and signed off by a certified greenskeeper.
There is no order of completion of the theory and practical elements. The only requirement is to have both the theory and practical elements completed before you can register for the 90 questions final assessment and earn the full ‘International Certificate in Greenkeeping' qualification.
Please contact us if you have any questions or for further information.